George Mandler brings more than 15 years’ experience and a passionate dedication to both men’s and women’s health to his acupuncture and nutrition practice. He is board-certified by the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Medicine as a Licensed Acupuncturist, and board-certified by the Massachusetts Board of Dietitians and Nutritionists as a Licensed Dietitian/Nutritionist. He is also a board-certified fellow of the American Board of Oriental Reproductive Medicine, a designation that demonstrates advanced proficiency in reproductive health of both women and men.
George has a master’s degree in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine from the New England School of Acupuncture and a master’s degree in Human Nutrition from the University of New Haven. In addition, he has advanced training in delayed peripheral immunological response to food antigens, also known as food hypersensitivities. In 2010, he completed the Certified LEAP Therapist training at Oxford Labs, which has helped him quickly resolve persistent inflammatory conditions in many patients.
George is an adjunct faculty member at Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences’ New England School of Acupuncture, where he teaches two courses: Traditional Chinese Medicine Etiology and Pathology of Women’s and Men’s Health, and Western Nutrition. Clinically his special interest is in hard-to-treat cases relating to chronic inflammation, digestive disorders, gynecology and fertility issues, and men’s health.
Since receiving his degrees, George has undergone continuous postgraduate training in Chinese medicine and Functional Medicine, to treat the root cause of disease. Currently he is in the midst of an intensive two-year postgraduate program to enhance his existing skills in Chinese herbal medicine through White Pine Healing Arts. His extensive postgraduate studies are listed in detail on his curriculum vitae.
At both his Stow and Cambridge offices, George uses a multifaceted approach in treating patients that brings to bear his wide breadth of knowledge. Whether presented with chronic illness or a nagging cold, George is dedicated to helping patients realize their goals for health and well-being through Acupuncture, Chinese Herbology and Functional Nutrition.
Licenses & Board Certifications:
- Massachusetts Board of Registration in Medicine Committee on Acupuncture (LicAc)
- Massachusetts Board of Licensed Dietitian/Nutritionist (LDN)
- Fellow of American Board of Oriental Reproductive Medicine (FABORM)
- NCCAOM Nationally Board Certified Diplomat in Oriental Medicine and Chinese Herbal Medicine (DiplOM)
- CBNS Board Certified Nutrition Specialist (CNS)
- Certified LEAP Therapist (CLT)
- Institute for Functional Medicine
- American Association of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Acupuncture and Oriental Medical Society of Massachusetts
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Nutrition and Dietitians in Functional Medicine Working Group
- American College of Nutrition