I combine modern Functional Medicine with Chinese Medicine to uncover underlying physiologic nutritional imbalances. Just about anyone can benefit from a nutritional evaluation as the food we eat can be the cure or the cause of our ills.
At your first meeting we will discuss your health history and your current state of health. I will utilize your diet history, a nutritional assessment form, lab testing, Chinese Medicine diagnosis, and plenty of discussion to best assess your health. This combination helps uncover physiological imbalances and assists in painting a clearer picture of what nutritional approaches would serve you best. One type of nutrition does not fit everyone. We are all individuals. Some folks do great as a vegetarian; some folks need to eat meat; for many a Mediterranean type diet will serve them well. In addition, different phases of life require a different diet, such as pregnancy and breast-feeding.
You will be given dietary recommendations and possibly supplement or other lifestyle recommendations to directly address your concerns. All recommendations are individualized and unique to each person. Subsequent visits vary from every other week to every 2+ months, as each person is given different treatment plans.
At your first nutrition appointment please bring with you:
- Diet and Symptom Form or download a smartphone app such as http://mysymptomsapp.com. Ideally 7 days of diet history.
- Nutritional Assessment Questionnaire (PDF electronic fillable)
- Symptom Survey (Word format) (PDF format)
- Health History Questionnaire
- Any testing that you have had done in the past 2 years. (blood, urine, stool, saliva, skin prick testing etc). You can request copies from your PCP or they can fax it to me at 866 709 1684.
- All supplements you are currently taking.
I am a Preferred Nutritional Provider for Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna and Aetna
Common questions are answered such as:
• What should I eat?
• What foods should I avoid?
• Are the foods I’m eating causing my symptoms?
• Are the supplements I’m taking worth my money?
• What supplements should I take and in what dosages?
• How long should I take these supplements?
“George possesses profound practical knowledge about the body’s complex systems as well as a deep intuitive wisdom that enables him to identify the root of a person’s imbalance.”Amy H, Personal Chef and Triathlete, Newton, MA
This ability to diagnose properly, combined with skill in acupuncture and Chinese herbs, and a vast and current knowledge of nutrition, create a dynamic healing combination.
For a consultation, call 978-461-2001 or contact me via online contact form.